While going out and buying chocolates for your loved one, or maybe yourself, is always a great option, I find that taking a bit of extra time to bake for people can be a super fun way to show some love! I recognize that the time to bake is often limited so here is a recipe from Pillsbury that only takes 45 minutes to an hour with baking time included. Give it a try and have a great Valentine's Day!
- One package pre-made sugar cookie (or sugar cookie mix, make as directed)
- Half 12 oz. container white frosting
- Red food coloring
- White decorator sugar crystals
- Pink/Red decorating sprinkles
- Bake sugar cookies as instructed, remove from oven and let stand for one minute. Use a one inch heart shaped cutter and cut out center of half of the cookies; set aside. Let all cookies cool 10-15 minutes.
- In small container mix 1-4 drops of red food coloring into white frosting until well blended (use more to make the frosting red, keep it to just a few if you want them to be pink).
- Spread frosting on uncut cookies, add sprinkles or crystals then add the cut cookie on top of the frosting and press together gently.
- Store loosely covered.
As always, feel free to call our office at 1-800-535-1310 with any insurance questions and our staff will be happy to help you!